Thursday, November 12, 2009

Final Thoughts of Inquiry Plan

The teacher's lesson plan for that day was role play activity. Two students work as partners to pretend to visit each other by using conversations learned. I video taped two classes due to the time conflict. I use 7th graders as a example of before PD and use 8th grades as after my PD.
Although both class were very disruptive, audiences still can tell the effective of the activity I intruduced from the engagement of the students. I believe actully it will be the best way to show how fun activities can help students stay on task more and learn more.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm- I am gad you were able to "stick" to your plan although I am wondering about the classroom management. Is there any way you can support her with that too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a nice start and were already able to start video taping which is great. I am sure yuo have more information and knowledge about classroom management so this probbaly would be a good time to help the other teacher with the classroom management. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showed some strategies about classroom management also. The powerful one is praising the students whenever the teacher found a little good thing they did. You can see from the video the students are engaged in the activity I introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome and I can't wait to watch your videos. I agree with your statement regarding engaging the students. I also believe if a student is engaged, they learn more. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classroom management is such a hard thing for new teachers. It sounds like you are going to help your teacher friend out a lot! It is so great you are implementing ways to teach that are actively engaging to students.

    ReplyDelete